Traveling in a foreign country such as Russia suddenly becomes alot more exciting when you can engage in elegant small talk withthe locals. Russian Phrases For Dummies is your handy guideto everyday words and phrases you can start using immediately tomake your visit more rewarding and a whole lot easier.
This user-friendly phrasebook will jump-start your comprehensionand have you speaking basic Russian in no time. Its quick-and-easyapproach gives you language fundamentals up front, the Words toKnow section helps you find the right word fast, and theeasy-to-use pronunciation key helps other people understand whatyou're trying to say. You'll learn how to:
- Get directions, shop, and eat out
- Talk numbers, dates, and time
- Chat about family and work
- Discuss sports and the weather
- Deal with problems and emergencies
- Pronounce familiar English words and phrases in Russian andEnglish
- Beware of words that sound to English but don't mean the samething
- Read signs that use the Russian alphabet
- Follow the conventions of Russian pronunciation
- Use basic Russian grammar correctly
- Keep ten commonly used Russian phrases on the tip of yourtongue
- Use basic telephone vocabulary and send letters, emails, andfaxes
Don't have time to study the language before you get to Russia?No worries. Just flip through Russian Phrases For Dummies,find the section that fits your needs, and start talking!