"For anyone trapped in an energy-zapping relationship with a co-worker, boss, or subordinate, Crowley and Elster offer an exit strategy - a highly practical and easily implemented guide to making the situation workable." - Publishers Weekly
If you find yourself frustrated with a colleague whose incompetence is driving you crazy, a boss who gets angry when you're not a mind reader, or an employee who challenges your authority, chances are you're caught in an emotional trap at your job. The solution is simple: Take control of your own response.
In this pragmatic, insightful guide, psychotherapist Katherine Crowley and business consultant Kathi Elster teach you how to eliminate your workplace woes step by easy step. Through quizzes, case examples, and field-tested strategies, you'll learn how to handle any bad work relationship. With your newfound emotional skills, you'll be able to:
- Manage an ill-tempered boss before he or she explodes
- Detach from coworkers whose irritating habits ruin the day
- Defend yourself from idea-pilfering rivals
- Get out of the grip of toxic relationships
- Protect your work territory from "boundary busters"
- Break out of the limiting roles that box you in
- Parent your difficult employees to get the results you want
- ...and much, much more.