Fundamental Principles of Engineering Nanometrology
provides a comprehensive overview of engineering metrology and how it relates to micro and nanotechnology (MNT) research and manufacturing. By combining established knowledge with the latest advances from the field, it presents a comprehensive single volume that can be used for professional reference and academic study.
- Provides a basic introduction to measurement and instruments
- Thoroughly presents numerous measurement techniques, from static length and displacement to surface topography, mass and force
- Covers multiple optical surface measuring instruments and related topics (interferometry, triangulation, confocal , variable focus, and scattering instruments)
- Explains, in depth, the calibration of surface topography measuring instruments (traceability; calibration of profile and areal surface texture measuring instruments; uncertainties)
- Discusses the material in a way that is comprehensible to even those with only a limited mathematical knowledge